The year is quickly coming to a close, but there’s still time to join the hundreds of faculty, staff and retirees who have already chosen to support York University with a donation in 2016.
As we prepare for the upcoming break and look forward to seeing family, friends and loved ones over the holidays, take a moment to think about supporting York and our students through a donation before the end of the year.
The Advancement Office is closed for the holidays from Dec. 23 to Jan. 2, inclusive; however, there are two easy ways that you can make a donation during that time:
- By visiting the online donation page
- By telephone at 416-650-8210
To ensure you receive a 2016 tax receipt for your donation, please take note of the following requirements:
- Donations must be received on or before Dec. 31, 2016, with the cheque or credit card authorization dated Dec. 31, 2016 or earlier. This includes donations made online, by phone and in person
- Mailed donations can be received in January 2017, but must have a valid postmark of Dec. 31, 2016 or earlier
- Cheques must be made payable to York University
Note to faculty and staff receiving donations in their departments:
Please forward any gifts received in your departments to Advancement Services (located at the West Office Building on York’s Keele Campus) by end of business day on Thursday, Dec. 22, 2016 to ensure timely processing and receipting. If you are expecting a credit card donation over the closure period, please direct the donor to the online donation page.
Thank you to all of you who’ve already shown your support this year! Happy Holidays from the York University Advancement team!
For more University news, photos and videos, visit the YFile homepage.